Andrew specialises in insurance & reinsurance and general commercial litigation.
Andrew qualified and practised as a barrister in 2000. He then worked at a US firm before joining Clyde & Co in 2003.
Andrew is a member of our specialist Political Risk, Trade Credit and Specialty insurance team. He is a principal contributor to a recent publication by the Insurance Institute of London, "War Risks and Terrorism".
He also has a long standing interest in Russia, to which he frequently travels, helping clients with a wide range of contentious and non-contentious work.
Typically, Andrew's work includes:
- Commercial litigation - fraud defence, sale of goods, contractual / supply chain disputes.
- Political risk insurance - expropriation, confiscation and nationalisation
- Political violence insurance - terrorism, insurrection, war.
- Trade Credit insurance
- UK and international property insurance
- Cargo, specie, and jeweller's block insurance
- Power, construction and engineering insurance.
- Financial institutions insurance
- Russian insurance law
- Product liability
- Subrogated recoveries
Andrew was was admitted as a solicitor in 2003 and was promoted to Legal Director in 2009.
Andrew was named in "London Super Lawyers and Rising Stars 2013".
Andrew graduated in Russian and East European History at London University's School of Slavonic and East European Studies; he then took an MA in Modern History at University College London before spending a year at Saint Petersburg State University, Russia studying Russian language and culture. Andrew studied law at the College of Law and Inns of Court School of Law, graded "Very Competent".
Andrew is on the committee of the British Russian Law Association and a member of the Lloyd's Flyfishing Society.